MiNODES is a young high-growth technology business fundamentally transforming the way brick and mortar retailers engage with their customers. Headquartered in Berlin, with additional offices in New York and London, we provide global retailers with innovative SaaS solutions on a mission to enhance the consumers’ shopping experience and give brick and mortar retailers an edge over their online competitors in an increasingly digitized world. Our dynamic and ambitious team combines expertise from top players in retail, VCs, internet and tech startups. You will enjoy having high impact in a company with tremendous growth potential, giving you unparalleled opportunities for growing personally and professionally.
About the job
From a technology perspective, we have thousands of sensors with our own firmware installed in our customers’ retail stores around the world. We process terabytes of data via machine learning algorithms and provide a self-service platform for our analytics solutions. We offer a great opportunity for personal and professional growth in a multicultural environment. We work, learn and develop while having lots of fun on the way.
Join our team as Data Engineer.
What we do all day:
We create a beautiful self-service platform for our analytics solutions using modern tools and libaries. We process, query and analyze terabytes of sensor and geospatial advertising data. We work in cross-functional teams in order to create a premium experience for our customers. If you are passionate like us, you love to learn, work and share knowledge with your team, you will be a good fit.
Who we are looking for
- You love working with data (RDBMS (Postgres), NoSQL (Cassandra), sorted column-stores (Redshift/Vertica))
- You have strong SQL modeling and optimization knowledge for different analytics workloads and scenarios
- Good experience with at least one (scripting) language, preferably Python
- You find and share best-practices with team members
- You pay attention to details and identify potential performance weak spots
- You are knowledgeable with BI tools such as Tableau
What we offer
How do we work?
- To be innovative and fast we organize our work using scrum and 1-week sprints.
- To be as efficient as possible, we reduce the time spent in meetings to the minimum.
- To make sure that all works the way we want it, we test all our code.
- To enhance our work, we do pair programming and code review sessions.
Where do we work?
We have a new office in the heart of Berlin (near Checkpoint Charlie). It is a large and cozy open space with many perks in regards work ergonomics. We also have a fully equipped kitchen for with a bit table for team lunches. As we enjoy spending time with each other, we also have a couch with a big TV and a Wii U for the occasional Mario Kart race.We're looking forward to receiving your application including a compelling motivation letter, a clearly arranged CV, your earliest possible starting date as well as your salary expectation.